Lasting Relief for Dry Eyes
Dry eyes can be irritating and distracting, even when you’re doing something you love. Millions of Americans struggle with dry eye symptoms, but an optometrist can help.
Griffin Optometric Group San Clemente can accurately diagnose dry eyes and offer support to help reduce your symptoms. Contact us today and make dry eyes a thing of the past.
How Do Dry Eyes Happen?
Most people experience dry eyes every now and then. But if you have them regularly, you may have chronic dry eye syndrome. This condition occurs when your tears are of insufficient quality or quantity to properly lubricate your eyes.
Are You at Risk For Dry Eyes?
Your risk of dry eyes increases when:
- You’re over 50.
- You have hepatitis C, a vitamin A deficiency, or certain vascular diseases.
- You’re pregnant, have menopause, undergoing postmenopausal estrogen treatments, or have androgen insufficiency.
- You take antihistamines or specific medications, including some antidepressants and SSRIs.
- You’ve had corneal surgery
- You’ve been exposed to radiation (including chemotherapy).
What Do Dry Eyes Feel Like?
- Burning eyes
- The sensation of grit or a small object being stuck in the eye
- Significant itching, redness, or watering
- Eye fatigue, even after sleeping
Common Ways to Combat Dry Eye
Griffin Optometric Group San Clemente offers custom therapies for our patients with dry eyes. Depending on the factors involved with your case, we may recommend:
- Artificial tears to moisturize your eyes. Lubricating eye drops can reduce many dry eye symptoms.
- Steroids to reduce the inflammation associated with dry eyes. These medications are usually applied topically.
- Punctal plugs to slow down the rate your tears drain. These plugs are inserted into your tear ducts and can help make topical therapies more effective when used simultaneously.
- Heat masks to reduce inflammation by applying gentle warmth and pressure to the surrounding tissues.
- Scleral lenses to increase comfort for dry eyes while correcting vision problems. These specialty contacts a reservoir between the lens and the cornea, which can be filled with hydrating fluid.
- Eyelid-cleansing wipes to support the efficacy of other dry eye therapies. These products typically come as disposable cloths soaked in an eye-safe solution.
Make Your Eyes Moist Again
Your eyes have been through enough. Start bringing moisture back to them today by booking an appointment.
Come See What We’re All About
See Us in
Our practice is located on charming Avenida Del Mar, in Downtown San Clemente, California.
- 140 Avenida Del Mar
- San Clemente, CA 92672
- Phone: (949) 492-1853
- Email: GriffinOptometricSC@totalvisionllc.com
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed